My most recent trip to Thailand, which was incredible, made this my third time traveling to Thailand. It should come as no surprise that more than 300,000 people from Sweden visit this country every year. They have a warm and friendly culture, the food is delicious, and there is so much beauty to explore there. Here are 8 things I would recommend you to do if you visit Thailand.
1. Visit Similan Island. If you want a wow effect. Within the territory of this natural preserve in the Anadama Sea are nine of the most beautiful islands. The water in this region is sapphire blue, and the sand on the beaches is white. This is undoubtedly one of the most breathtaking islands I have ever seen. When you visit this location, you must abide by the restrictions established to preserve the natural environment. There are a lot of boat tours that will take you out to those islands. Just so you know, this location is only available for tourism six months out of the year – you should double-check that it is accessible to visitors when you are there.
2. Eat a lot of fantastic food. The cuisine of Thailand is amazing. My favorite dishes are spicy salads, seafood, red coconut curry, and tom yum. Even just eating here is an adventure in and of itself. They also have a wide variety of delicious fruits, such as mango, passionfruit, dragon fruit, mangosteen (a new favorite), longan, and many others. It is also healthy.
3. Visit The Big Buddha Tempel. You shouldn’t pass up the opportunity to see the giant Buddha statue in Phuket. It watches over the surrounding land and ocean from the top of a mountain. It is an experience that is both incredibly holy and quite beautiful. To show proper respect for the local faith while visiting, you should keep your shoulders and knees covered.
4. Amatara Wellness resort. I found a stunning resort in the South Phuket region of the island. It is a resort that provides wellness vacations, classes in yoga and pilates, and other such activities. Here you can refuel, reconnect, and refresh yourself. It is, without a doubt, worth staying there or signing up for any of their classes.
5. Visit Krabi. I would highly recommend going to Krabi if you ever get the opportunity. There are a lot of boat cruises out to a lot of different beautiful islands along the coast.
6. Go Diving & Snorkeling. Koh Phi Phi is a great place for it. Here you can dive alongside leopard sharks at Shark Point, which is commonly regarded as Koh Phi Phi’s premier dive location. I would suggest you visit Lana Bay. The Mosquito Islands and the Bamboo Islands have stunning coral reefs that are perfect for snorkelers to explore.
7. Shop for Food and Souvenirs at Phuket’s Markets. I would suggest visiting Shop for Food and Souvenirs at Phuket’s Markets. You can purchase souvenirs from Phuket items such as traditional handicrafts, apparel with exquisite designs, jewelry, antiques, and even household goods.
8. Visit freedom beach. This secluded beach should be checked out. Even the route you have to take to get there could appear to be a little dangerous due to the off-roading and the hiking you must do to get there. Upon arrival, you will undoubtedly experience a sense of liberation. In addition, there are several fruit and smoothie stores, as well as massage services, available here.